In the Circle Zone, classes and youth groups connect with mathematicians and their teachers during school closure.
Classes get a 40-minute live chat with mathematicians and can ask follow-up questions.
All UK schools are able to take part.
Teachers: Register here
About the Circle Zone
In this free online activity, your students:
- ASK their own questions to mathematicians about everything and anything.
- have conversations with mathematicians during a 40-minute, text-based live CHAT session (watch example chat)
The Circle Zone is based on the long-established I’m a Scientist platform.
Who it is for
Much of the activity is pupil-led (the students ask the questions they want to) so different age groups, ability levels, and backgrounds all get something out of it.
- Ages from Years 5/P5 to Year 13/S6
- Secondary schools, academies, special schools, pupil referral units and other non-mainstream educational settings
- Youth groups such as Guides, Scouts and other Community Groups.
All your students need is internet access. The live chats are text-based (no video or audio needed) and run through this site.
No personal details are shared on the site, all interaction is through text – there is no video or audio used – and we moderate all content. The only students who can log in are those who’ve been given access by their teacher. Teachers and group leaders also moderate the CHAT. Read our Safeguarding Policy.
Stay connected during the lockdown
No questions to show
No news items to show